3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2010 5:06 AM by ibnmusic

Radio imaging: Must have features

atkaiser

So far the beta looks good. But, there are a few crucial features that are missing.

1. A lot of radio stations (including ours) are still using Adobe Audition 1.5. FULL COMPATABILTY is a MUST!!! Radio people need to be able to open old .ses session files. If this is not possible, the product is useless.

2. Single keystroke to insert a highlighted selection into multitrack. In 1.5 this was Control-M. Very handy for fast audio cutting.

3. Audio preview when you open files in edit view.

Honestly, really nice work. These features are VERY important!

Thanks,

Kaiser

Radio 104.1 WMRQ

• 1. Re: Radio imaging: Must have features
          Charles VW Adobe Employee

atkaiser wrote:

2. Single keystroke to insert a highlighted selection into multitrack. In 1.5 this was Control-M. Very handy for fast audio cutting.

You can set this to whatever you want in the Keyboard Shortcuts Dialog.  Look under the Edit category.

Screen shot 2010-11-29 at 9.43.14 PM.jpg

atkaiser wrote:

3. Audio preview when you open files in edit view.

As mentioned in other threads, you can utilize the OSX QuickLook to preview files in the File > Open dialog.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 2. Re: Radio imaging: Must have features
            atkaiser Level 1

Pardon my comments about #1. They may have been a bit heated. But, I do feel like backward compatibility is very important in the Mac version of Audition. Because there have not been any previous versions, it is important for their to be compatibility with ALL Windows versions. This is a great feature for those who work in a Mac/PC office environment with many versions of audition in play. Most radio stations are still running on 1.5 for Windows. Will this feature be included? Is there a third party converter that works EVERY time? Thanks.

• 3. Re: Radio imaging: Must have features
              ibnmusic

Totally agree... I work in Radio industry too and I feel being held in some features comparing to previous versions of Audition (and Cool Edit Pro)... I will post about it on a new topic....