Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refreshing Hypertext Links

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2007 Jul 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
Forum newbee here. My question is how to refresh the hyperlinks in a Microsoft HTML Help (*.chm) file.
I am authoring in RoboHelp HTML X 5.0.2 build, outputting to MS HTML Help file. An inherited project (I am not the original writer/creater).
The issue:
Many links appear "pink" (visited), and I cannot get them to appear as unvisited (blue).
I have played with the CSS settings (Project tab>Style Sheets) and styles, but have been unsuccessful. I have flushed the browser temporary Internet files with no result to my CHM file.
Any ideas?
I am near project delivery date and seek a solution.
Thank you,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Go to your browser settings and clear the history. I believe that is what fixes it.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
Thank you for the swift response and suggestion.
As I posted, I had flushed the cache in the past with no results. As per your suggestion, I DID flush the temporary Internet files again. I also cleared the cookies AND history, reopened the project. I have to say that MANY links are now unvisited (blue), but SOME are still visited (pink), akthough less than when I initially posted AND claimed to have flushed the caches. Any explanation as to why some are STILL visited (pink)?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be how styles are used. Remember, the cascade in Cascading Style Sheets means:

Styles in an external style sheet (.css) are overriden by:
Styles placed within the HEAD section of the current topic, which are overriden by:
Styles placed within a specific element within the current topic.

You might want to "check under the hood" in the TrueCode to see what mysterious happenings might abound.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Leon,
Thank you for the suggestion. I will, indeed, prepare to get my fingernails greasy.
:)
As a newbe, I have found swift and useful suggestions. Thank you all!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp