5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 4:08 PM by DebbieEisenstein

RH8 Topics Don't Display

DebbieEisenstein

We recently upgraded from RH7 to RH8.  I'm running 8.0.2.208. The files generate fine, and in the output on my desktop I can see everything as I should (TOC, Index, Glossary, and all the topics and links). However, when the output is put onto the library that it's written for, when you click the Help button, you don't see the topics. You can see everything else fine (TOC, Index, etc), but the pane that holds the topics is blank. Our software developer for the libraries thinks it may be Unicode because our web server is not unicode compliant for multi-byte characters. He asked if we can disable Unicode. Could that be the problem, and if so, can it be disabled?  We used RH7 for a long time and never had this problem.

The error our Web server is giving is:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/embedded/library/HTTPService/htdocs.adic/RoboHelp/a_dpf.htm on line 1

The issue seems to be the first line of the new RH 8 files. They have the 3 bytes (ef bb bf) denoting a Unicode file and this xml tag.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

The OLD RH 7 files did not have this line.

Thanks for any help!!!