Can you please be a bit more specific?
1. What version of Reader are you running?
2. Is VC9 runtime installed on your machine?
3. What is the operating system you are running (mention the service pack also)
4. Are you using user profiles with Folder Redirection/ Roaming profiles?
1. Adobe Reader X
2. VC 9 Runtime - Not as far as I know
3. Vista 32bit Home Basic SP2
4. Folder Redirection/ Roaming Profiles I don't know what this is - so I don't think I have it
Can you try installing 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package' for your machine from the Microsoft Download Centre: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7-a40d-3802b2 af5fc2&displaylang=en
I've installed as requested - still have the same problem