6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 1:57 PM by fuyuko1979

components doesn't update itself - bug?

fuyuko1979 Level 1

Hi there, I have a very strange issue. Sometimes in my application when data is loading, some of my components do not update itself until I move the mouse. For example I have a list of thumbnail images and when I click on one I load a larger image and update some text fields. The data loads properly but it seems to get 'stuck' during the load and won't display the image nor update the text field until I mouse over that area. If I don't mouse over the area the component will remain being "stuck" even though the data has properly loaded. One thing to note is that when I click on the thumbnail I firstly clear out the big Image holder by calling removeChild(); and I see that it removes the last image successfully but then the new image won't load unless I mouse over that area.... does anybody know what might be the problem?

• 1. Re: components doesn't update itself - bug?
          flex2008 Level 3

Please post a sample code where the issue can be reproduced.

• 2. Re: components doesn't update itself - bug?
            BhaskerChari Level 4

@fuyuko1979,

Try to set the image source to null when your remove the image in your itemRenderer override set data function.

Thanks,

Bhasker

• 3. State Change issue components doesn't appear
              fuyuko1979 Level 1

Hi there, I posted this 3 month ago and since then I have managed to focus on the issue a bit more but I still don't know how to solve this issue.

Basically the issue is that when I change states, the components in the new state does not appear unless I mouse over the area. I noticed that this happens when the button I press to change the state is not positioned in the same area as the components in the new state. For example, I have a button at the bottom of the stage, this button changes the state, but in my new state I have components in the middle of the stage and they don't appear unless I move my mouse over the area. BUT if the button that changes the state is also in the middle of the stage then when the state changes the components appear no problem.   To illustrate this better, here is a link to the application I have built:

http://ec2-50-16-0-11.compute-1.amazonaws.com/hug/Main.html

user: flex_demo

pass: demo

You will be directed to the Store page. At the bottom of this page is a catalogue of books. You are most likely to see a book called Corduroy. Inside the Corduroy info panel click on "More Info" and the state will change. At this point nothing will display UNLESS you move the mouse to the middle of the page. In my attempt to fix this the only time it works is if the "More Info" link is roughly in the same area as the componenets in the More Info state BUT this is not possible as the catalogue have to be at the bottom of the screen.....

can someone please help....

• 4. Re: State Change issue components doesn't appear
                saisri2k2 Level 4

I guess you can go for view stack instaed of struggling with the states.

• 5. Re: State Change issue components doesn't appear
                  Flex Rock Level 1

Hi,

I think this is due to binding issue. You may try changing the variable which you are using to bind the image to [Bindable]. It may work.

Thanks,

Jayagopal.

• 6. Re: State Change issue components doesn't appear
                    fuyuko1979 Level 1

Hello, I tried doing that but it doesn't work.... besides, the code works totally fine in cases where the My Books button is positioned in the same area as the contents of the My Books State.   Is this a bug in Flex??  I can not change this to view stacks as the application is so big I will have to undo everything to make the whole thing as view stacks.   please someone help!!!!