I wanted to start learning how to program actionscript, and make flash. How do I get started? What are some resources that I could use to learn how?
If you have no experience with Flash, the first thing you might try doing is just poking around and trying things out, becoming familiar with where things are (even if you have no clue what they are yet) and the different panels that are provided. You won't break anything just trying things out.
You can find some learning materials online too...
The Adobe TV website - video based learning material: http://tv.adobe.com/product/flash/
www.lynda.com (fee-based, but some free get your feet wet stuff too)
And while more advanaced topics are usually covered... Lee Brimelow's site http://www.gotoandlearn.com/ is great for video tutorials
If you want to get into the book ends of things, this is a collection of books I have heard recommended here, but have no experience with them
- Learning ActionScript 3.0 - A Beginner's Guide by Rich Shupe and Zevan Rosser
- Essential ActionScript 3.0 by Colin Moock, Adobe Dev Library; 1 edition (June 22, 2007), ISBN-10: 0596526946
- ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University, Gary Rosenzweig, Que; 1 edition (September 8, 2007), ISBN-10: 0789737027
- ActionScript 3.0 Cookbook: Solutions for Flash Platform and Flex Application Developers, Publisher: Adobe Dev Library; 1 edition (October 1, 2006), ISBN-10: 0596526954
- ActionScript 3.0 Bible, Wiley; 1 edition (October 29, 2007), ISBN-10: 0470135603