2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 2:32 AM by Mylenium

Looking for tutorials

magneter Level 1

Hi all,

I'm new to Premiere Pro CS5 and After Effects. My intentions are strictly to create technical and tutorial videos for our company. I have vast photoshop and illustrator experience but the learning curve is a bit steeper with PP & AE.

I'm looking for some follow along tutorials that will help me create some intro animations and effects for my videos.

I have a good start with what I have played with so far but I'm hungry for more.

I did this in an hour by following a VideoCopilot.com tutorial. (can't seem to embed facebook video link)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=106854186052339&oid=113295005403654

Does anyone know of more sites with some quality tutorials detailing stuff like this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Looking for tutorials
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Start here to learn After Effects.

Go here for additional resources, including lots of tutorial websites.

• 2. Re: Looking for tutorials
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

There's a whole slew of tutes on Tuts+ and then there would be Greyscalegorilla, Graymachine, creativeCOW and comemrcial sites liek Lynda. Still, may I advise to not waste all your time with rebuilding fancy projects that you will never do again?! if you do tech doc and training materials, you should much rather focus on transporting your existing PS and AI knowledge over to AE, that is learn the differences in effects handling, how to use masks and shape layers for vector-based artwork and diagrams and animation and all that. Yes, those eyecandy tutes are okay for a while, but their awe factor wears thin pretty quickly and you still haven't learned anything relevant for your actual daily work...

Mylenium