3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2007 1:37 PM by Newsgroup_User

Flash Forum Suggestion

Rapatski Level 1
      On the Adobe.com and Forums Feedback forum I posted a suggestion which applies to this forum. It concerns the two languages, Actionscript 2.0 and 3.0, we are all so familiar with. ;)

Well maybe it is personal, but I find it increasingly difficult to find myself the correct answers searching these forums, as at present only few users define which version of Actionscript they program in. While most people are now still using 2.0, more people will start using 3.0 and with the syntax of 3.0 being pretty different from 2.0, this will present a problem, I think.

So I suggested that topic creaters should have to choose whether their question applies to AS1.0&2.0, or AS3.0. That would make browsing the boards for relevant information a whole lot easier.

Another option would be if people would adopt some kind of [ASx.0] prefix, to manually insert before their topic subject, but that would probably be too much asked.

Oh well. Just my two cents. :P
        • 1. Re: Flash Forum Suggestion
          Damon Edwards Level 3
          that would be great, but i dont think these forums will change, they wont even put stickies for the questions asked a million times a day, like ActiveX and so on... people should state what they need if they want the correct answer.
          • 2. Re: Flash Forum Suggestion
            Rapatski Level 1
            I'll try the [AS2] subject format then, for now. See if people join.
            But why won't these boards change? Is there some reason for that? It seems to me that there are enough experienced developers around to give a hand, even if just for some brainstorming.

Stickies/links to Learning Resources/tutorials would be a great addition so I really don't see why they would resist such a thing.
            • 3. Re: Flash Forum Suggestion
              Level 7
              Hi,

I'm starting my own forums for ActionScript 2.0/3.0. I started them in
              order to offer assistance for my Flash API but I think it would also be
              a good place to offer assistance to anyone needing general Flash help.
              The forums are brand spanking new and I'll make sure everyone gets a
              solid reply one way or another. Drop by!

http://www.baynewmedia.com/

Patrick

Rapatski wrote:
              > I'll try the [AS2] subject format then, for now. See if people join.
              > But why won't these boards change? Is there some reason for that? It seems to
              > me that there are enough experienced developers around to give a hand, even if
              > just for some brainstorming.
              >
              > Stickies/links to Learning Resources/tutorials would be a great addition so I
              > really don't see why they would resist such a thing.
              >
              >