2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2007 6:17 AM by JP Heidi

Genie Effect

JP Heidi Level 1
      I downloaded the source code for the Genie Effect from http://www.lingoworkshop.com/examples/Vignettes.php

I want to alter the code so that the effect plays automatically (not with a double-click on the smaller image), waits for a bit and then continues to the next photo with the same effect -- a slideshow with the photos entering the stage with the genie effect.

Instead of having the small image onstage, I moved it off stage and removed the doubleclick command. The photo now appears automatically, however it also automatically returns to it's small state and loops (genie-up, genie-down, genie-up, etc.)

With my limited knowledge of lingo, I tried a whole bunch of stuff that didn't work. I did manage to get it to genie-up and stop, but then there was an error message (object expected). I think I understand the logic behind the code, but this is way beyond my lingo capabilities.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Genie Effect
          Lukewig Level 1
          Hi,

To have the animation loop, replace the 'on mouseDown' method with a 'triggerAnimation' method, and then call that method when the animation finishes. To show a different image each time, change the member of the genie sprite when its in the 'shrunk state' -- like this:

Good luck
          Luke
          • 2. Re: Genie Effect
            JP Heidi Level 1
            oh, my goodness -- perfect! Thank you!

Sorry it took so long to respond (and you were so prompt with your reply!) But another project has reared its ugly head.

Havn't had a chance to test this yet -- but at first glance, looks like just what I need. I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks!