5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 8:03 AM by Mylenium

Unable to Render

Mufakkir

Hi guys,

I've been having problems trying to render my compositions. Its usually, if not always, when i use Particular, especially custom layers. Upon closing, AE usually mentions an 'unbalanced layer' error message.

The current compositions uses a few Particular effects with custom text layers as the particles. I'm guessing this is what's causing the problem. Everytime i try and render (whether its FLV, WMV or AVI) i get insufficient memory 'media plugin' error.

Any workarounds?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Unable to Render
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How large are the compositions you're using for your custom particles?

Also, what version of AE? What OS? What are your computer's specs (esp. RAM)? What size is your main composition?

• 2. Re: Unable to Render
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The correct error is "unbalanced layer checkout" . It's an internal error in the plug-in and there is nothing you can do to fix it. The other errors are most likely unrelated, but the whole description screams all over the place "My system stinks and I need more RAM (or an upgrade to CS5)". What are the exact specs?

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Unable to Render
              Mufakkir Level 1

Okay, AE version is CS4. My laptop runs windows vista; core 2 duo; 2.1 GHz; 4 GB Ram; NVIDIA 8400M Graphics card.

My main comp is 1280x720. Size of Text comps used as custom particles is 400 x 40.

Interestingly, it rendered today! However, and i know this is slightly off-topic, the text particles appear very fuzzy. The output was WMV.

• 4. Re: Unable to Render
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

However, and i know this is slightly off-topic, the text particles appear very fuzzy.

There is an internal limit to how large your particles can be in Particular. Anything beyond that will be scaled/ resampled. You should get a warning about that. Ignore it at your own peril...

Mylenium

• 5. Re: Unable to Render
                  Dave LaRonde Level 6

AE version is CS4. My laptop runs windows vista; core 2 duo; 2.1 GHz; 4 GB Ram; NVIDIA 8400M Graphics card.

My main comp is 1280x720.

There is a litany of things you can do on a system like this:

• Turn off Open GL to accelerate rendering.  Not even the folks at Adobe use it.
                  • Turn off multiprocessing for both previewing and rendering.  You don't have enough memory to use it effectively, nor can a 32-bit system accommodate any more.
                  • Get the update to AE 9.0.3, which came out a couple of months ago.