- download the FP uninstaller from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
- close all browser windows and run the downloaded uninstaller
- restart Windows
- if there are any files left in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash, delete them manually
- try the FP installation again
Thankyou so much for the reply, but I did all the steps and I still have the same issue. I am sending you the exact description of the same please find it. I have all the adminstrative permissions but still it shows this.
The installation encoutere errors:
A required file
(C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10l_ActiveC.exe:5) could not be written due to insufficient permissions.
Sent from my iPad
Yes, there are few files after restarting inside flash folder, so I deleted them manually. I have three files one is .dll and other is a .txt file. So, I also identified some root tool kit so I did used combo fix, malware bytes and also reloaded the OS using a XP cd. After all this I again tried to install flash but it gave the same error.
I am really getting mad of this error. Please, let me know if you need more details about the files inside the flash folder.
Sent from my iPad
Once again thank you for your time, I am sending you the files please have a look at them.
1. Flash 10l.ocx
Inside the text document it is like this:
=O====== M/10.1.102.64 2010-12-07+22-04-51.691 ========
=X====== M/10.1.102.64 2010-12-07+22-05-16.095 ========
That is very strange - it seems that Flash10l.ocx can be written without a problem, but FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.exe and FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.dll cannot!
How do you install Flash Player - from the standard Adobe Flash Player install page?
If so, try this way:
- download the installer from this page http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html and save it to disk;
- close all browser windows, then run the uninstaller that you have already downloaded earlier;
- restart windows, then again go and check the C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash folder; delete anything left in there;
- now run the installer that you downloaded today.
Hi everybody i am replying to this post though it is old.Some one may find my steps useful.
If the installation fails.Copy the "Macromed" directory from C:\WINDOWS\system32 from your friends or relative system who have flash player instaled or you try to install in your friend system if he dont have flash player.And then save in your pen drive or e-mail.And paste to the above location in your home pc.After that install the same version of flash player in your pc which your friend have.
I hope this will work for everyone...