4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 3:23 AM by Tink Ltd

Flex Hero - How to center view title

ghess01

Hi All,

Cant seem to figure out how to center a view title.

How should we do this, is it possible to do it in the Mobile application so all views have a centered tile?

Tried setting the titleLayou to HorizontalLayout with horizontalAlign='center' and verticalAlign='middle' with no success.

Any help much appreciated.

Greg

• 1. Re: Flex Hero - How to center view title
          Brandon Ellis Level 1

Hi,

Did you try setting textAlign="center" ?

<s:titleContent>
                  <s:Label text="My View" textAlign="center" width="100%" />
              </s:titleContent>

• 2. Re: Flex Hero - How to center view title
            ghess01 Level 1

Thanks Brandon,

That works, I wanted to center the title to the center of the ActionBar, not the titleGroup.

I was able to achieve it using your strategy by setting the Labels width to (appWidth - (navigationGroup.width*2)) and textAlign="center".

To be honest, not sure if it is a good idea as it may cause issues with  truncated text, overlapping navigation/action buttons. Trying to match  the UI design... and it has centered title... I will test more...

When I do add my own label as to the titleContent I lose my styling. I have been avoiding setting font sizes and such as I want to leverage default font sizes specified in the "mobileTheme".

Do you know how I can access these "mobileTheme" various font sizes so I can match custom components with ones from Flex SDK?

Thanks,

Greg

• 3. Re: Flex Hero - How to center view title
              Brandon Ellis Level 1

Hey Greg,

I took a look under the hood and it appears to center the title property of the actionBar you are going to need to make a custom ViewNavigator and then add some custom skinparts inside of that. It sounds like a lot but it's not really. I'd help you out more if I wasn't so busy with my own work.

hope that helps you out.

b

• 4. Re: Flex Hero - How to center view title
                Tink Ltd

s|ActionBar

{

titleAlign : center;

}