4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2010 9:01 AM by the_wine_snob

Problems with Premiere Elements 9 Trial

Glendon123

Hi everyone,

I have just installed PE9 trial on a Windows 7 Pro i5 computer with 4 GB ram. When I move the mouse in the timeline view it creates fine black lines in the timecode bar. If I move the mouse slowly enough it will actually blacken all the timecode readings. Additionally when the clip is playing, the Timeline marker obliterates (by blackening) the information on all the tracks as it moves along. I have a NVIDIA GT 220 video card with the latest driver from the NVIDIA web site. Does anyone have any ideas - or have I set something up wrong? I'm a bit leery about buying the full version until this problem is resolved.

Thanks

Glen

• 1. Re: Problems with Premiere Elements 9 Trial
          nealeh Level 5

Work through these basics:

And if the above do not resolve your problem, use these links to help us understand your system, project preset, source of your clip, how it got onto your PC ...

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problems with Premiere Elements 9 Trial
            Glendon123 Level 1

I decided to risk it and buy the full version, however the problem still remains. I have followed the recommended steps and the only thing that seems to work is to disable my antivirus program (ZoneAlarm Internet Extreme - latest version), start PE 9, and then restart the antivirus. It's a work around, but it still seems to be problem with PE 9 (I've used ZA for years and it has caused very few problems with other program).

Thanks for you help and any other suggestions would be appreciated.

regards

Glen

• 3. Re: Problems with Premiere Elements 9 Trial
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As Isay in my books, getting rid of Zone Alarm and using the Windows Firewall in its place, and replacing your current antivirus with either Avast! Free Edition or Microsoft Security Essentials (both of which are free and both of which are much less bloated than McAfee and Norton) will likely save you having to do this every time you want to edit.

• 4. Re: Problems with Premiere Elements 9 Trial
                the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will give you tips on setting up your computer for an editing session.

Because video editing is an intense process, even for stout and well-tuned computers, many recommend not doing multi-tasking (checking e-mail, surfing the Web, and such), while editing. This lack of Internet presence means that one can shut down their anti-virus, pop-up blockers and spy sweeping software, during an editing session.

Good luck,

Hunt