4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2007 2:11 AM by neeks

how to make swf load html file from same cd?

JohnnyCADD
      I have a rather seemingly simple question. We are constructing a cd that will autorun and begin playing a flash animation (swf file), and at the end of that animation, I need to put some actionscript into the last frame that will end it, kill the player window, and open a browser window and go directly to an html file on that same cd. Could someone provide a snippet of code that would achieve this? I am using Flash CS3 but am sticking to actionscript 2.0 for the movie. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.
        • 1. Re: how to make swf load html file from same cd?
          Level 7
          Hi

Publish it as a Flash Projector file and at the end of the Flash file put

fscommand("quit");

Regards
          FlashJester Support Team

e. - support@flashjester.com
          w. - www.flashjester.com

"This has been one of the most impressive and thoroughly pleasant
          experiences of customer support I have ever come across - astounding!"
          Director - hedgeapple

• 2. Re: how to make swf load html file from same cd?
            JohnnyCADD Level 1
            Thank you for your response, but I am having a problem getting both things to happen at the same time. I can get the window to disappear but not load a url; or if I do it the other way, i can get the url to load in a browser but not kill the projector window. I have tried this on different frames as well but am not having any luck. Please help! thank you!!
            • 3. Re: how to make swf load html file from same cd?
              JohnnyCADD Level 1
              I finally got it; sorry guys. I have achieved this in loading an internet address. My question is is it possible for the original animation window to kill itself if published as an swf or must it be exe only>?? our client seems to be a bit jittery about executables.
              • 4. Re: how to make swf load html file from same cd?
                neeks
                just one question at this point. Where is your swf running? inside a standalone player, or embedded inside a HTML page.

if the latter is the case, you can use javascript methods to control the same. you can open a new window, close the current (they have workarounds) and even navigate to another html page if that is what you want.

swfs dont have access to control the player window when running inside standalone player. They need to access some other language api to do so.
                Either embed your swf in some projector + wrapper, or inside a Web page.