3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2010 8:25 AM by davidbeisner2010
      • 1. Re: Nice Article...
        dradeke Adobe Employee

Yeah, this is making the rounds today and it's great that Shane said it.    2010 and CS5 have been a real eye opener for a lot of people in the editing community.  I hope that more people will see Adobe's commitment to making good tools in 2011.

Dennis

• 2. Re: Nice Article...
          Colin Brougham Level 6

There's something refreshing about being branded a dissident

Viva la revolucion!

• 3. Re: Nice Article...
            davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Great article!

The student labs in the film program here at the school where I work just got outfitted with 27" iMacs and FCP... now the film prof is coming to me asking why he's having so much trouble with RED footage and footage from their T2i and other cameras. I love the look on his face when I explain to him that Apple has dropped the ball on updating software and that I can edit all this stuff natively and in real-time on CS5. I had to teach his class yesterday, how to use REDCINE-X to do primary color correction and transcode to an intermediate codec for FCP since FCP doesn't recognize the new RED Color and Gamma spaces...

I so wish that more people would understand just what a powerful platform Premiere has become, and wouldn't continue to bash it based on their memories of working with it back in version 6.0!