2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2012 7:55 AM by TWCGary

Error 1327 .Invalid Drive. I:\  when attempting update or install

BobPriest

I have Adobe Reader 9.4.0 installed.

When it attempts to update itself a dialog box appears displaying the error :

Error 1327 .Invalid Drive. I:\

I have also uninstalled it, subsequently it reinstalls ok, but the next time it attempts to update itself the same error occurs.

I do not have an I: drive.

Clearly Uninstall does not genuinely fully uninstall Adobe Reader.

Please fix this.

And please fix the Updating bug.

If you have any work arounds for me now let's hear them please.

• 1. Re: Error 1327 .Invalid Drive. I:\  when attempting update or install
          JainAkshat Level 1

Please try either of the workaround.

1. Create a new Admin user, log on in that and then you can install Adobe Reader,

or

2. easier solution is just create a dummy folder on your machine anywhere, lets says Folder name "Dummy"  in c:\

not go to command prompt

and type subst I: c:\dummy

and you are all set to go.

once you are done, you can remove that virtual drive mapping by

subst I:\  /d

please let me know if works.

• 2. Re: Error 1327 .Invalid Drive. I:\  when attempting update or install
            TWCGary

There has to be a better fix....we have 200 users, who have mapped drives in their log in script, that also have local admin rights on their PC / Laptop, and EVERY time there is and Adobe update they get the "error 1327 invalid drive message". No way would I trust them to go through the steps listed....Isn't there something that Adobe can do in the installers to fix this??  We have all of our users MY Document Folders set up on their mapped drive, which they get in a log in sript.  HELP