3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2010 7:28 PM by Dave LaRonde

Audio Playback Issue

LANDstrykere

Hey Guys. I haven't had a chance to use After Effects prior to today; so, I'm sure this is a pretty basic question. I'm trying to follow a tutorial centered around matching text to audio, but can't hear the audio I need to do so. I watched one of the FAQ video tutorials which directed me to Render Queue > Output Module where I needed to turn Audio Output on. The problem stands in the fact that I haven't rendered anything, so there's nothing in the render queue. I assume it's just a matter of turning something on, but I can't find out how to get to that point. I'll include a screenshot in case that's useful to anyone. Thanks!Screen shot 2010-12-03 at 11.22.31 AM.png

• 1. Re: Audio Playback Issue
          jackpotsvr

You want to have sound in your FINAL render or in your playback?

If you want sound in your playback try pressing the numpad "0".

If you want sound in your render watch your render properties.

Hope this helped,

Thomas

• 2. Re: Audio Playback Issue
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can also press the . key on your number pad to just get an audio playback. This page has more info on previewing in AE.

And, yes, that is a rather basic question. In fact, it's one of the FAQ's. You can find the other FAQ's here.

Rather than starting on a tutorial like the one you're on, I would highly suggest starting here. This set of resources is aimed at newcomers to AE and will help you gain the all-important foundation that will enable you to move forward more productively. You must learn to walk before you run. That's more true about AE than a lot of other software. Go through all the linked resources from the starting here page I linked and you'll be much less frustrated later.

• 3. Re: Audio Playback Issue
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

I agree with Szalaam: go to the links he provided.  AE isn't an easily-understood piece of software; it's one of those "learn to walk before you run" applications;  You can't learn a couple of video tricks to get you by,  you will be hopelessly lost if you try to learn it intuitively, and you really do need to know the basics.