• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Oracle Help for Java 5

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will RoboHelp HTML 8 support Oracle Help for Java 5?

Oracle Help for Java V5 has been out since July 2009 and is currently the only version of Oracle Help for Java (OHJ) that is available from the Oracle web site.  According to the RH8 documentation, RoboHelp only supports Oracle Help through V4.1.  When I try and build an Oracle Help helpset from RH8 HTML and ask for Full Text Search, RH asks for a pointer to the OHJ installation.  When I browse to the directory containing OHJ 5, it accepts the directory and beeps.  No full text search database is built.  If I ask to view the results, RH beeps once, then does nothing.  No error message.  No Oracle Help view.  Although I can view the resulting helpset, full text search is not working.

If RoboHelp is no longer capable of building embedded Java Help, I don't think I need it anymore.  Adobe AIR is not an option as it is not supported on Solaris.

M. Wilson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only Adobe can answer that but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Flare doesn't support any version for reasons given at the end of the article on my site about JavaHelp.

We run WebHelp on Solaris boxes and many other systems.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp