0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2010 1:53 PM by Stephen Lei

Bullet (static text) indentation issue, Flash removing indents?

Stephen Lei

I'm using Flash Professional CS5.  I'm creating a basic animation with a series of bulleted text fading in and out.  The text (and the bullet) is in a static text box which is inside a movieclip.  In order for the bullet text to wrap properly with the bullet off to the left, I've set the indentation spacing to -13px and the left margin to 13px.  Basically so it looks like this:

• Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In in nisl eros. Donec eget metus convallis turpis porta scelerisque id ac odio. Quisque nec ante at tortor varius mollis vitae quis libero.

And not this:

● Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In in nisl eros. Donec eget metus convallis turpis porta scelerisque id ac odio. Quisque nec ante at tortor varius mollis vitae quis libero.

This is how I've always done bulleted text in flash.  But lately it seems like Flash is replacing the "-13px" indent with "0px".  Flash doesn't remove it right away, I can still publish the file with the -13px text alignment, but as soon as I close it and reopen it, all the indents have been set back to 0px (but the margins haven't been touched).

Is there something wrong with using negative indentation in CS5?  I've used it plenty in CS3 with no problems.  Has anyone experienced this problem?

I know there are other ways to make bulleted text, but I'm just curious about why this is happening.

Thanks