7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 5:00 PM by Don the Patriot

how to install premiere elements 9

lcosta72

hi I need help.

have a mac 6gigs ram, 8ghz processor more than 100gigs hard drive available

just installed premiere e 9 on my computer but it doesn't start.

It is a trial version, just download it. would like to try before buying

how can I solve this.

thanks

• 1. Re: how to install premiere elements 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You have an 8 ghz processor!? Are you sure about that?

That said, are you running Snow Leopard with all the latest updates? How old is your computer?

And can you be more specific about it not starting? What happens when you do what?

Finally, do you have any other Adobe software installed on your computer?

• 2. Re: how to install premiere elements 9
            lcosta72 Level 1

hello,
            it is a 2x 2,26ghz quad core
            my computer is 8 monts old
            it has snow leopard
            when  I open the aplication, it starts, the organize works but when I try to  start a new video project i have an error. there is a file attached with  that info.   download a trial version a few days ago from internet and install it a couple of times, but the error is still there.

I have adobe PS cs4 and the bridge cs4 and other aplications that came on the same cd.
            thank you for your time
            • 3. Re: how to install premiere elements 9

It wasn't clear from your first post when things were failing. In your first post you seemed to imply the problem was with the installation. Now you're saying that the installation went fine, but it fails when you start a project.

Can you be more specific?

Is the program quitting when you click the New Project button, after you set up your project and open the program or when you add media?

Also, it wasn't clear you were working with the trial version. Have you tried the fix listed in the FAQs to the right of this forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/734288?tstart=0

• 4. Re: how to install premiere elements 9
                lcosta72 Level 1

when I clic the icon of ape9 there is a pop up window and on my left side I have three options: organize, new project and open project.

as far as open project is concerned, it is out of question, I don't have any started.

when i click on new project I have the error I sent you prviously and I don't seam to be able to open the movie editor. If I open the organizer, I can organize and open photos as well as make some corrections on them, but if I try to edit photos or movies with the movie editor I keep on having the same error. it simply doesn't start.

It is a trial version taken from internet.

• 5. Re: how to install premiere elements 9

Have you applied the fix I linked you to above?

If so and you're still having problems, you should contact Adobe Tech Support.

They may tell you that they don't offer tech support for installation of the trial, but they do. It says so right on their web site. Ask for a supervisor if the person who answers the phone can't help you.

• 6. Re: how to install premiere elements 9
                    lcosta72 Level 1

thank you for your effort, but I still have no solution for my problem.

the program still doesn't start.

the tecnicians don't give me the answare, maybe they don't know it too!

any more sugestions?

• 7. Re: how to install premiere elements 9
                      Don the Patriot

Edited to delete post.