2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2010 10:59 AM by dan_marzy

Audition crashes when clicking the play button

dan_marzy Level 1

hey, i downloaded audition about two weeks ago and it used to work fine. now there is a problem: when i open any file and try to click the play button the file won't play, but stoppes immediately. then audition crashes - every time. is there some limitation concerning duration - for example 2 weeks trial version or should it still work fine? i use mac osx 10.6.5...

• 1. Re: Audition crashes when clicking the play button
          Charles VW Adobe Employee

dan_marzy wrote:

hey, i downloaded audition about two weeks ago and it used to work fine. now there is a problem: when i open any file and try to click the play button the file won't play, but stoppes immediately. then audition crashes - every time. is there some limitation concerning duration - for example 2 weeks trial version or should it still work fine? i use mac osx 10.6.5...

No, there's no 2-week timeout on the Mac Beta.  First, did you submit a crash report through the crash reporter?  Second, you may also post the OSX crash log here.  In some cases we might be able to troubleshoot it just from that.  Lastly, since it used to work fine, there might be something that got screwy with the preferences (we'd like to know what that is), but you might also try holding the [ Shift ] key when you launch Audition.  This will ignore any preferences and gets the app back into a fairly fresh state.

• 2. Re: Audition crashes when clicking the play button
            dan_marzy Level 1

thanks for your answer - i clicked shift during programstart - now it works again... i didn't really change too much within preferences (at least conciously), maybe some shortcut i pushed accidentally... so "unfortunately" it works again, so i can't send you the problem report, but i stay tuned and will post again if i have any problems or questions.