4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2010 7:55 AM by Gazzaspi

Insert leaves Audio behind

Gazzaspi Level 1

Hi

If I try to "insert" a video clip by clicking the icon from my  source monitor to my timeline, the audio track gets left behind.

It appears that the video and audio are unlinked.

However, if I drag the clip  from the source to timeline, there is no problem.

How do I reset it? I know its simply, but I just cant remember!

Helps will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Gary

• 1. Re: Insert leaves Audio behind
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Make sure that your Source Track indicators (A1, A2, etc.) are "on" and aligned with your Target Track indicators (Audio 1, Audio 2, etc.), which also must be "on." These are found at the left end of your Timeline panel.

• 2. Re: Insert leaves Audio behind
            Gazzaspi Level 1

Hi

Thank you very much, that fixed it.  The Clip has a 5.1 audio track and the track was not  'ON' as you said.

I wonder why it works when, you drag and drop (even when the track is off)

Once again many thanks

Gary

• 3. Re: Insert leaves Audio behind
              Colin Brougham Level 6

I wonder why it works when, you drag and drop (even when the track is off)

That's just "the way it is." When you're doing a keyboard edit, the source and target track indicators serve to route the video and audio portions of a clip, giving you a more granular level of insert and overlay editing. When you drag a clip to the sequence, however, it is assumed that you want all portions of a clip, and you'll then work with it within the sequence.

Both are valid modes of working within Premiere Pro, and both have their application. Just use the one that works best for your purposes at the time.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Insert leaves Audio behind
                Gazzaspi Level 1

Hi Colin

Yes, I see, that makes sense.

Thanks for the answer.

Gary