3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 10:03 AM by the_wine_snob

Disc Menus

harddrive747_1

I hope there is someone out there that can help me with this.  I have created a number of movies and want to burn the to DVD.  Everything works great.  I created the menus and scene menus and everything looks great.  I burn the DVD and when I put it into the DVD player or into my computer, it start the movie imediately.  I want it to go to the menu first.

I have the auto-play turned off and can't seem to find any where else where to set the DVD to start the menu and not the movie.

Please let me know, because I have a lot of disk to burn.

Thanks.

Terry Palmer

• 1. Re: Disc Menus
          nealeh Level 5

When you say you created "the menus and scene menus" you do mean that you dragged a template from within the Disc Menus tab to the Disc Layout window?

What happens when you click the "Preview" button?

When you burnt the disk you did do so from Share> Disc ?

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Disc Menus
            harddrive747_1 Level 1

Yes, I created the menus and I was able to see them through the preview.  The issue is this.  I have an six or seven year old VCR/DVD combo.  It would play the movie right from the beginning.  The menus were available when you pressed the menu button the remote.

I have a newer model and tested it on it and the menus came up when I started inserted the DVD, but when I went back to the older one, it would start playing the movie immediately.

So the answer to my issue was the old DVD/VCR combo that I was testing it on.

Thanks for the reply and help.

• 3. Re: Disc Menus
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, that "DVD" logo only certifies that a player will play a commercially pressed, replicated disc, and does not certify that it will play ANY burned DVD discs. This ARTICLE will give you tips on creating discs, that stand the best chance of playing, on most DVD players. For some, however, there is nothing that can be done.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - also, many of the DVR (dual VHS/DVD units) use a proprietary navigation system, and have real issues with navigation, though 100% DVD-compliant, if it did not come from that DVR. The same holds true, when using one to go from VHS to DVD - their navigation/Menu system, will almost always mess up the first VOB file, and it will not Import properly, due to that non-standard navigation/Menu system. They do fine, if one makes the DVD (from say the VHS tapes), and then only use that same make/model DRV for playback.