8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2010 10:51 AM by blackmesatech

AE > Premiere dynamic link differences

blackmesatech

I'll try to explain this as best as I can it is a strange problem but I can't find answers in the other direction I've been looking.

Imported a comp from AE into Premiere CS5 that contained two clips. Exported Video@ H264, 30 FPS, Field Order: None ( Progressive ), Square Pixels, CBR 4 mbps, Audio@ AAC, 48 khz, 192 kbps. Video length is 1:27. Upload to YouTube and after it's finished processing it becomes 1:51. The sound seems to be the same speed but the video is "stretched" to fit 1:51. I have tried a little over 30 different export settings and they all ended up with same results on YouTube. In those different settings I changed frame rates, bitrates, bitrate encoding and a few other things. The original settings worked fine on previous videos. I've search for quite some time on YouTube's end of things to find a solution and tried them all and haven't had any success.

Now here's why I created this discussion/question. When I render the comp directly out of AE with the exact same settings I used in Premiere it works fine on YouTube. I have checked so many times to see if the settings are different in any way and can't find anything. I don't see or hear and issues in the original files however there may be something wrong with them that I don't know how to detect. So what I would like to know is if there is anything weird Premiere does when using a comp from AE through the dynamic link. Also field options for everything in Premiere is default set to none.

I'd like to find out the problem and be able to correct it so I can still process video this way. I did search the forums for any similar issues but nothing relevant came up as the video looks and plays just fine on the on my desktop.

• 1. Re: AE > Premiere dynamic link differences
          Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you sure the work area bars are set to just the sequence length in PR?  (Shouldn't be the problem, since you say the video is "stretched" to be 1:51.)

When you say you are importing the AE composition, are you sure the settings are the same?  (Not the later export, but frame rate etc.)

In the export output tab, what is the length?

You might post a screen shot of the export window showing the video settings and output tab.

You might post a link to the youtube stretched version.

• 2. Re: AE > Premiere dynamic link differences
            Jim_Simon Level 8

First thing I'd check is the export on the local computer.  Is it the expected duration, or longer?  If it's the right time, then YouTube is doing something it shouldn't to make it longer.  Ask them what's up.  If it's longer on local playback, then we can investigate something you might be doing wrong.

• 3. Re: AE > Premiere dynamic link differences
              blackmesatech Level 1

The comp in AE is the same length in Premiere when imported.

The duration of the video before exporting is the same after. Same with rendering directly from AE. When the AE on youtube is works just fine no increased duration. The Premiere version of the imported composition on youtube has increased duration and the sound ends before the video ends.

Sequence settings are setup the same as the composition, export settings are the same. So why does the Premiere version get corrupted on youtube while the AE version is fine.

I'll say it again the videos look normal and are the expected duration on the desktop. The only difference I can find between the two with mediainfo is the Premiere version has TSC:60, TSZ:1 while the AE doesn't have either of those listed.

I also tried rendering lossless and bringing that into Premiere and exporting and it still has this problem. Are there any other diag programs that could maybe shed some light in what Premiere is doing to these videos that trips up youtube?

• 4. Re: AE > Premiere dynamic link differences
                Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

tsc should indicate framerate, but your original post indicates 30p, not 60.  What does the framerate say under video?

• 5. Re: AE > Premiere dynamic link differences
                  Jim_Simon Level 8
                  So why does the Premiere version get corrupted on youtube while the AE version is fine.

Ask Youtube.  They seem to be the ones messing things up.

• 6. Re: AE > Premiere dynamic link differences
                    blackmesatech Level 1

Do you know what TSC stands for? Your right though it does seem to indicated the framerate I didn't notice I was comparing the AE version with one of the test Premiere export versions in which this one was at 60. Just tried again at 30, and 25, framerate doesn't seem to matter. But still the only difference between the two Mediainfo wise are those two lines I mentioned, AE version doesn't have either.

And Jim where exactly can I ask youtube other than the public google/youtube help thing? I'm pretty sure I need someone admin side that can tell me the diag on their end. I've searched for some time on their and most are old posts that eventually link to some thread saying they identified the problems and they are fixed. I'll post their eventually if I can't get any leads from here for new directions.

On a side note, one thing I have seen mention is having variable bitrate audio can cause problems on youtube. In which case I've been wondering how can I set the audio bitrate to constant when there is no option when rendering/exporting to do so.

• 7. Re: AE > Premiere dynamic link differences
                      Jim_Simon Level 8
                      where exactly can I ask youtube

Sorry.  I've never used the service, so I can't help with that one.

• 8. Re: AE > Premiere dynamic link differences
                        blackmesatech Level 1

Okay I asked, not sure if I'll get any responses.

But I still want to know if it's possible to export an H264 video with a constant AUDIO bit rate. Because I don't see any option in the normal settings and Mainconcept codec suite allows you to select "constant" for the audio bit rate however the exported video still shows variable audio bit rate through Mediainfo so I'm curious if it's even possible with H264?