1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 2:25 AM by dradeke

*sequence could not be opened...

npaglia

related to the other discussion thread in reference to the video exports having a blue tint...

due to the blue tint issue - I found that it likely was the graphics card in the laptop that was causing the issue...

so I transfered the CS5 files/projects to another computer and everything is working fine except for the most recent project created...

the project I'm referring to was imported at 1024X728 --- 30 FPS --- square pixel --- progressive...everything the same as the other projects that imported fine with the exception of the frame size (the others were 640X480)...in other words the only difference I set between the video's that have transferred properly and are working is the frame size...

when I try to open the file in question --- a box comes up that says:

This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type.

now...I know other people have had this issue and one proposed solution had to do with setting the preview codec to AVI...however, my codec is already set to AVI...

so I wanted to see what could be causing this...and potential solutions...

since the only difference (that I'm aware of) between the video's that transferred without any problems and the video in question is frame size...it might be that...

let me know if you're able to help at all - thanks so much...I appreciate it

-Nino

• 1. Re: *sequence could not be opened...
          dradeke Adobe Employee

Nino,

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I completely understand the issue here.  Assuming that you have video that is 1024x728 and you want to create a sequence of the same size, then one thing you can do is take the footage and drag it to the new item button on the bottom of the project panel.  This will create a sequence according to the characteristics of the clip(s) you chose.

The other thing you can look into is nesting.  If you have 640x480 footage that you want to reside in a 1024x728 sequence and its not working for some reason, you might try taking a 640x480 timeline and nesting it inside the larger one.

Hopefully, one of the above might help you.

dennis