• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create internal links in a PDF eBook?

Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, any help with this is GREATLY appreciated. I have the latest version of Adobe, but when I try to create internal links, there doesn't seem to be any way to do it. Doing a Net search I saw that in previous versions of Adobe, that is, 6, there WAS the ability to create internal links (Tools => Advanced Editing => Link Tool). Now there does NOT seem to be the same facility, which is incredibly frustrating, like Adobe went backwards.

I am creating PDF's from Word, and by internal links I *don't* mean hyperlinks - those are created automatically - but a link in the Index, for eg, so a person can click on a Chapter heading on page 4, for eg and be taken immediately to page 50, for eg.

Going slowly nuts here as there seems to be NO readily-available advice as to how to do this.

THANKS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, "Adobe" is the company.
The application is?
Adobe Reader - if yes, then tools such as the Link tool are not available.
Acrobat (Standard/Pro) - if yes, then the Link tool is available.
If using Acrobat X then click "Tools" (at the right) > expand the "Content" panel > select "Link"
If using Acrobat 9 or earlier then use Tools > Advanced Editing > Link tool.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Dave, thanks - I thought I had X but I seem to only have Reader. No wonder I couldn't find the Link Tool ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines