2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2010 10:59 PM by _Tammi_ RSS

Firefox Not Responding- problem is Shockwave Flash plugin

_Tammi_

Hi,

For the last 2 days or so, I have found that Firefox stops working ('not responding") every time I visit a website that requires flash player. This means I can't watch any videos or go to a lot of websites that I tend to visit frequently without my browser crashing. Through process of elimination, I discovered that the plug-in causing Firefox to crash is "Shockwave Flash". So I disabled it, and my internet works fine. But I can't watch any videos anymore, of course, and I would like to fix this somehow.

I've seen some people recommending a complete uninstallation of Adobe Flash Player, which I've done twice. After each time I restarted my computer and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, from a different source each time, but the problem persists.

I also heard that disabling hardware animations is supposed to help, but I am unable to do this because it gives me this message: Your current display driver does not allow changes to be made to hardware acceleration settings.

I've noticed that when I use Internet Explorer, sometimes it doesn't crash and sometimes it does.

My system is a 32-bit and I'm using windows Vista. My Firefox is version 3.6.12. If you need any other information, let me know! I would really appreciate some help with this. But I'm not very good with technical computer talk, so please try to keep it simple

Tammi