2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 4:51 PM by nevso

Works well as a post production App for 3 weeks, then silence?

nevso

Graphics, animation are ok, but no sound output. All other sound Apps OK. Thought here may be a time limit cookie?

Running MAC OS 10.6.5 intel

• 1. Re: Works well as a post production App for 3 weeks, then silence?
          Charles VW Adobe Employee

Nope, the beta should still be alive.

What does you hardware preferences show?   As a quick-fix, you may want to hold down the [ Shift ] key on startup to ignore your preferences.  This will put the app back to the first-launch state.

nevso wrote:

Works well as a post production App for 3 weeks

Please tell us how you use this in Post Production.  What features have you been using, & what features would you like to see in the future?

• 2. Re: Works well as a post production App for 3 weeks, then silence?
            nevso Level 1

Hi Charles,

RE: AUDITION

I tried everything until I realised that I had changed the buffer size to 1024kb, when I changed it back the program is now working.

I am a film maker, mostly documentaries, but some MTV type Rock band clips.

I have not used Adobe products in audio and video production, mainly because of the brilliance of Final Cut and ProTools.

However Audition has a very good sound. My audio production monitoring system is extremely accurate and the digital engine in a lot of software does not do the job well at all. But Audition does preserve the attack and highs better than the industry leaders. Your A to D (D to A) algorithms are superior.

As yet I have not given it a thorough work out, I'm reluctant to commit  a whole job to it, until I'm convinced that it is stable, will not time out etc. and will produce a result I'm proud of.

Audition is superior in load times and the general look of the graphics, helps making critical decisions.

I will be more fulsome after further experimentation.

Thanks for your prompt reply