This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Thanks for your help - much appreciated. I've tried it and it actually works, except for....
When I open my master chm I get an out of memory error. Please help.
Does it happen every time you open the CHM? Can you try it on a different PC? It doesn't sound like a RH type error.
I've tried opening it on different PCs with the same results. I'll see what I can find. Thanks Colum!
I think it's partially related to the .hcc file in the master project.
My company recently had a consultant come in to do a day's training, and he knew his stuff.
I've been merging HMTL projects, and seeing the TOC's in the merged project were subtly modified from the original sub-project.
When the consultant looked at it he said there were errors in the logic in the HTML within the master TOC. Specifically he said that not all <ul> and <li> statements were being properly closed off, which is why some topics in the sub project were appearing as books in the master when that was compiled.
(He's looking at the problem at the moment).
My HTML knowlege is pretty basic, but if anyone wants to see the problem, create a sub-project with a TOC nested to at least two levels and associated t.opics. Merge that project into a master with the sub project as a child of a master topic TOC book and look at the compiled output. You should see that some of the sub-project topics now appear as books. Go back into the master project .hhc file and you might be able to track the associated logic problems - the consultant thought it was a RoboHelp bug.