1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 1:17 PM by Devtron

So where is Flex 4.5 (was it?) at and ...

VirtualCoder Level 1

So where is Flex 4.5 (was it?) at and ... when might it get released?

Are you folks using it and does it have its own forum - since I can not see it being discussed here ?!?

• 1. Re: So where is Flex 4.5 (was it?) at and ...
          Devtron Level 3

* insert crickets chirping here *

LOL, actually its called HERO.

You can download it here:

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+Hero

I still do not completely understand the motive behind this move (going to HERO). It seems that most FLEX developers I know do not even use FLEX 4 yet.

I go to the FLEX user group meetings here in my city. I am the ONLY developer in those meetings using FLEX 4. Many of those guys are old school Adobe/Macromedia guys and are quite amazed I am using 4 before them, since I am a beginner with FLEX. I can sense a little jealousy from them. I could careless, I just want a stable SDK to work with. *scratches head*

Anyways, I do not look forward to migrating to FLEX 4.5. I hope they do not lose support for FLEX 4 anytime soon. It seems like everyone I know is stuck in FLEX 3 and cant get out?? I really wish they had not made this 4.5, but instead fixed 3 and 4.

You know there are 26,000 JIRA logged bugs in the FLEX SDK alone? Not to mention the other FLEX related bugs that are non-SDK. If you dont believe me, go to the bug list and search unfiltered....

Uhhh, no comment