4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2010 3:27 AM by nealeh

What does one do with DVD folders?

madobe1127 Level 1

I have Premiere Elements 3, with Windows XP. I'll skip full system details as this question is primarily an attempt to understand DVD folders.

If I burn to DVD folders in PE3, what program or method do I use to burn a physical DVD from those folders?

Thanks,

Mike

• 1. Re: What does one do with DVD folders?
          nealeh Level 5

Just about any burning software that can burn a media disk. Many of us on this forum use the excellent (free) ImgBurn because you can choose a burning speed - x4 is what I always use.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: What does one do with DVD folders?
            madobe1127 Level 1

I have ImgBurn, and when I went to try to burn folders to disk, I wasn't sure I understood what it was doing. It seemed to treat the situation like a data disk.. it was just letting me add files and folders willy-nilly. Which leads to the question, what is the proper structure for a *video* DVD and will it have that proper structure if I just burn the top-level folder created by PE? There are a lot of non-video files in the folder including text files.

Thanks

Mike

• 3. Re: What does one do with DVD folders?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Mike,

When you Burn to Folder, you should get a VIDEO_TS folder with the necessary IFO, BUP and VOB files inside. That entire folder is what you want. There will also be an Open DVD folder (think that is the correct name), but it is not needed for the DVD-Video, as it is for PrE only.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: What does one do with DVD folders?
                nealeh Level 5

From the main imgburn screen select the top-right icon.

1.png

Then navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder using the open folder button.

2.png

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful