5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2010 10:39 AM by the_wine_snob

Adding close caption

mr.JAB Level 1

Hello all... I know it's possiblle to add close caption in Premiere CS5 BUT is there anyone will to lay out the procedures in a  steps-by-step process.

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Adding close caption
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, sort of. real Closed Caption is a function in Encore, along with real Subtitles.

The closes that PrPro can come, without going into Encore, is with Lower-thirds, that sort of look like CC/Subtitles. Note: these ARE burned into the Video on Export, and cannot be switched ON/OFF, like real CC/Subtitles.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - for CC questions, there is an excellent Encore forum, and quite a few people there do CC and Subtitles. They can be very helpful, if you have never done this before.

• 2. Re: Adding close caption
            mr.JAB Level 1

Right! Encore

So if I may impose are you knowledgeable in the steps and can you share the steps.

Also I will post my solution but it may be late today or  tomorrow as I am in the middle of posting my director's speech on the web.

Again, thanks Bill

• 3. Re: Adding close caption
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I am sorry, but I have never done CC work. If you ask on the Encore forum, you will get the exact steps necessary. There will be some prep, probably with the use of a Subtitling word processing utility, some considerations, and settings, like fonts. Then, Encore will do the work for you - but you want to start with things in the proper formats. I'd give the folk in the Encore forum a little time, as not everyone works with CC/Subtitles, and you want someone, who does.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Adding close caption
                mr.JAB Level 1

Thank you Bill

• 5. Re: Adding close caption
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome, and I will look for your post in the Encore forum, as I can always learn something, especially about CC and Subtitles. One never knows what that next Project will require.

Good luck,

Hunt