1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 10:20 AM by peteandrus

Running Flex Messaging Service in Eclipse...

peteandrus Level 1

does anyone here develop Java apps that use Flex Messaging Service on Eclipse?

I am DYING here trying to get my system set up to do this. However, i am running into some problems:

1-i am assuming that the ideal situation is that Eclipse launches my Java class on the Tomcat server. is that correct?

2-how do i configure Eclipse to correctly run my Java class in the context of Tomcat? Can anyone give me some tips on how to do this?

currently i am running my Java stuff, and KEEP getting a dang NULL back when running this code:

MessageBroker mg = MessageBroker.getMessageBroker(null);

using Flex Messaging.

Any HELP! is appreciated

• 1. Re: Running Flex Messaging Service in Eclipse...
          peteandrus Level 1

i wanted to post a reply to this for posterity's sake:

the way i got this to work was i downloaded the sysdeo tomcat plugin for Eclipse. Once i had that up and running i was able to debug anything running in Tomcat by simply adding a breakpoint, then getting something to call it on the server.

So, i created my Java class that uses Flex Messaging Service and moved that class to the proper place in my Tomcat Server.

Next, i created a breakpoint in the above Java class in Eclipse.

Next, i ran my Flex application in Flash Builder which calls the Java on the Tomcat Server

VOILA! when the above Java class is called using BlazeDS it triggers the breakpoint and i can debug it ON THE SERVER. Since the Flex Messaging Service is installed on the server, it debugs correctly by getting a non-null MessageBroker object when requested....

chao pescao!