3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2010 7:07 AM by adninjastrator

Adding a player component to fla file

nyatep

Is it possible to add a player component to your fla file?  In all the documentation I'm finding the only thing I can find is adding it to an flv file.  I've run into a roadblock, my flash video encoder is not installed, I no longer have the cds to install it and when I try to export to an mov file its saying that the version of flash is too new for my quick time application.  There has to be an easier way to add add controls to your flash movies.

• 1. Re: Adding a player component to fla file
          adninjastrator Level 4

Just to correct a couple of things

You CAN add components to fla files.

You CANNOT add a component to a flv file.

To use components in your fla, Main Menu / Windows / Components

Lots to chose from, including the FLVPlayback component, if you want to play video.

Flv files can be played in the FLVPlayback component or you can create your own player using NetStream (a much more vertatile and powerful method).

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator

• 2. Re: Adding a player component to fla file
            nyatep Level 1

Thank you for your response, perhaps I'm not asking the question correctly.  What would be the best way to add controls, like play, stop etc to my fla file? I understand that you can play flv files using the playback component - this is not what I'm trying to accomplish.  I would like to add those type of controls to my fla file so that the end user can choose to play or stop the flash movie similar to the way you can with a video.

Thank you :-)

• 3. Re: Adding a player component to fla file
              adninjastrator Level 4

To add controls, place the FLVPlayback component on the stage, click on it and down in the properties panel choose the "Skin" (controls)

Or use the FLVPlayback Custom UI, from the components panel, and choose custom controls.

Best of luck!

Adninjastrator