Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Signing a document & triggering in a email

Level 2

Hi to all,

I try to do this from another post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/746049 and for some reason it don’t work.

<event activity="postSign" name="event__postSign">

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">

Button2.execEvent("click")

</script>

</event>

But if I change the activity name like this:

<event activity="Sign" name="event__postSign">

</script>

</event>

It work but I get a warning massage:

Invalid enumerated value: Sign

The fault occurred on line 190.

What can I do take the warning out the form, I had Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 version.

Thanks, for all the help.

v/r

Alex

10 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you post the form?  What type of button is "Button2"...  submit, execute, normal?

Thanks

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve,

There is the form. The Button2 is a submit button. If you try the form in REQ Signature it just do the signature only and that’s the one with this code:

<event activity="postSign" name="event__postSign">

</script>

</event>

But if you try the SUP Approved it would do both things, this is the code for that one:

<event activity="Sign" name="event__postSign">

</script>

</event>

But if I do it like that I get the warning message...

Hope you could help me with this.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Community Member

Alex

I looked at the form you sent.  You (mistakenly, I think) have the code Button2.execEvent("click") on the "click" event of the SUP Approved signature field.  If you delete this script, or move it to the postSign event of the remove SUP Approved signature field, then the error goes away.

However, unfortunately when I was testing this I discovered another problem...  It appears that there may be a bug, when a field collection is associated with a signature field, the Button2.execEvent("click") code will be executed, but the mailto submit does not occur.  I have a workaround though.

Using JavaScript that references the Acrobat Object Model, the functionality will work.  I placed the following JavaScript on the "postSign"event of a signature field with a field collection and it works

event.target.mailDoc({ bUI: false, cTo: "apstory@example.com", cCC: "dpsmith@example.com",cSubject: "The Latest News", cMsg: "A.P., attached is my latest news story in PDF."});

I  have attached a sample form that demonstrated the problem (REQ Signature) field, and the workaround (SUP Signature) field.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

I still have the problem with my form. I create a complete new one, I also create a new form just with does field like the one do you post without any luck. I don't know if is something with the version or what. But my version is (8.2.1.4029.1.523496.503679) and the one in your form is (9.0.0.0.20091029.1) so what I did was to cut and paste everything inside the <subform> </subform> from the form that I did and paste to the one that you post and it work. If there is another way to get around this please let us know.

Thanks for all the different example how to do the triggering they are wonderful. I'm very impressed with all the thing that you can do with lifecycle, again thanks for all your help.

V/r

Alex

Former Community Member

Alex

I'm not sure if the version of Designer will affect things, what version of Acrobat and or Reader are you using to test the form with?

Thanks

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

I'm using Acrobat Pro Version 9.3.4.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Community Member

Alex

Can you post or send me the new form (that still has the problem)?  I'll retest and try to find an older copy of Designer.

Thanks

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

Attach is the form.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Community Member

Alex

The problem with the form you sent was due to the Reader\Acrobat target version that you set for the form.  The postSign even is only supported in Acrobat\Reader 9.x and up.  You had the form set to Reader\Acrobat 8.x.  See attached screen shots.

To fix this, in Designer, select File > Form Properties > Defaults set the target to 9.x or higher.

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

Yes, that was the problem. Thank you so much!!!

V/r

Alex