5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2010 9:31 AM by kglad

hit counter

YvorL_

Hi!

I've a little static portal, with guides, no server side support. All of it is local content (shared hdd). I'd like to make a page hit counter to know which one is the most useful, and wich isn't used at all. I've browsed the net for a long time today, but everything contains php. Though it's rare, that the swf is not on a webserver. I think there's an easy way to do, just don't know how. So I'd like make a flash that can count how many times the page (or itself) has been loaded.

thx,

YvorL

• 1. Re: hit counter
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you can try using the sharedobject but that's likely to be different for each user despite sharing a hdd.  if you shared the same computer, that would work.

• 2. Re: hit counter
            YvorL_ Level 1

I've checked how these sharedobjects work. If we have different computers, we're using novell to log in, and somewhere there's a drive shared to all users. But everyone has own C: drive. Everyone has the same IP. If I get through with this shared object will it count the visits and save them to this shared folder (where the swf file is)? A simple yes/no is enough, just don't want to work with it if it's only capable to save each users visit on their own drive.

thank you!

YvorL

• 3. Re: hit counter

no, the shared object will be stored on the user's main drive (c) and so will be different for each user.

if you used adobe air and actionscript 3, you can make a counter like you want.  with actionscript 2, you'll need a wrapper like zinc or mprojector.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: hit counter
                YvorL_ Level 1

thank you!

and if I purchase cs5 where can I find the necessary indtructions?

• 5. Re: hit counter

in the as3 file class, there are methods that let you create, read and save a file on the drive that contains the air app.  that file can store your count.

1 person found this helpful