7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 12:06 PM by JustinC123

Output quality advice needed please.

JustinC123 Level 1

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to the world of video editing and I've got a basic question that I'm hoping someone could help me with.

I'm shooting 1920 x 1080 HD (H.264) footage with a Canon 7D DSLR camera. I've just purchased my first HDTV and Blu-ray player and I'm obviously dying to see what the quality is like from my camera's video.

I quickly put a few clips together and selected the burn to DVD option. I selected PAL-Widescreen and unticked the Quality box, I put the quality slider at Highest Quality. The DVD played fine on my Blu-ray player and I assumed I was watching my video footage in high definition at the maximum quality.

However, someone has just informed me that it's not high definition at all, because I've selected the output as PAL-Widescreen it's actually standard definition footage 720 X 576. My TV states the footage is 1080p though.

Could someone clarify please. Am I watching the footage in HD, and if not, what settings do I need to apply to see the best quality?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.