It is a web browser. My coworker is capturing same application and it works for her. I can't even get it to capture menus in Microsoft Outlook.
I am using a new text caption box that someone created for us. Could that have anything to do with it?
It seems to be working now. Yesterday, I renamed the Adobe Captivate folder located in \myname\Application Data\Adobe\ after I saw a blog mentioning to try that. My machine also rebooted overnight. My captions seem to be working today.
Oops I was a little over zealous. The captions now work when capturing Outlook but not with my company's software. Two of my coworkers can capture our company's software and two of us cannot. We have reinstalled and downloaded the new upgrade.
I am interested to know how you resolved this issue. I have recently 'upgraded' from v3 to v5 and get the 'Select only' text boxes when I record mouse clicks (menus, buttons, dropdowns etc). In v3 the text messages were more informative, eg. 'Select xzy from the combo box' or 'Select the so-and-so link'. Now I just get 'Select'.
Generally, anyone out there: Is this a known issue or I have a failed to find the setting to turn this on?
I am capturing a web application (non Flash) and have tried both IE and Firefox. I have applied the Captivate v5 patch.
Well it isn't resolved. I have been working with Adobe support and they are researching the problem. My IT department completely removed Captivate 5 and all files and cleaned up the registry and reinstalled. They tried using a different user profile and turned off all non-essential services and still the same issue. It seems to pick up page names, but nothing else.
Adobe support was supposed to call me back yesterday, but they have not done so.
Well it is now fixed. We upgraded to Windows 7. We also noticed it did not work on the computers that had XP and Service Pack 3; however, it did work on a machine that had XP with Service Pack 2.
4000 International Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75007