7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 9:25 AM by r.rubio

Multi-Version Using Flex 4.1 SDK

r.rubio Level 1

Setup

Flex SDK - 4.1

-includes=mx.managers.systemClasses.MarshallingSupport

Player 10.1

I'm trying to try out multi-version support.  My configuration is as follows:

1.  boostrap loader loads a portal (both bootstrap and portal compiled using 4.1)

2.  portal loads a 3.5 compiled application

I get the following error:

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of activate in mx.managers.SystemManagerProxy

The portal is loaded as a child of bootstrap as follows:

swfLoader.loaderContext.applicationDomain = new ApplicationDomain(bootStrapApplicationDomain);

The portal loads the 3.5 application as a child of boostrap as follows:

swfLoader.loaderContext.applicationDomain = new ApplicationDomain(bootStrapApplicationDomain);

Am i missing a step?

• 1. Re: Multi-Version Using Flex 4.1 SDK
          r.rubio Level 1

When i use the logic in SWFLoader to get bootstrap or top level app domain i get null for the ApplicationDomain but it gets farther as the swf file is actually loaded.  But i then get the expected typecoercion errors since it is not loaded as a child of bootstrap.

SWFLoader uses the following logic:

var appDomain:ApplicationDomain = currentDomain.parentDomain;

var topmostDomain:ApplicationDomain = null;

while (appDomain)

{

topmostDomain = appDomain;

appDomain = appDomain.parentDomain;

}

lc.applicationDomain = new ApplicationDomain(topmostDomain);

As mentioned previously if i use the boostrap application domain i get the error mentioned in previous post:

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of activate in mx.managers.SystemManagerProxy

Any ideas?

• 2. Re: Multi-Version Using Flex 4.1 SDK
            joan_lafferty Adobe Employee

To load the 3.5 Flex SWF into a 4.1 application, you'll need to load it into the SWFLoader and use loadForCompatibility=true. This will load the SWF into its own application domain so that classes don't clash for the different versions. I didn't see that you mentioned using loadForCompatibility.

hope this helps,

Joan

• 3. Re: Multi-Version Using Flex 4.1 SDK
              r.rubio Level 1

When you specify loaderContext in SwfLoader loadForCompatibility is ignored.  When i use loadForCompatibility the parent application Domain used is "null" which works but causes type coercion errors for classes that i want to share across the domains.

This problem is suppose to be solved by the bootstraploader but i cannot get it to work on a multi-version configuration.

• 4. Re: Multi-Version Using Flex 4.1 SDK
                Flex harUI Adobe Employee

Get a link-report for the bootstrap.  Make sure SystemManagerProxy is not in

the bootstrap

• 5. Re: Multi-Version Using Flex 4.1 SDK
                  r.rubio Level 1

What would cause it to be included? 

I also created vanilla boostrap and portal with only required imports on boostrap but i still get same error when i use boostrap app domain.

How do i prevent SystemManagerProxy from being included.

• 6. Re: Multi-Version Using Flex 4.1 SDK
                    Flex harUI Adobe Employee

The link-report should tell you how it got in there.   Bootstraps may not

always be possible.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Multi-Version Using Flex 4.1 SDK
                      r.rubio Level 1

Thanks.  Got it.  MarshalSupport flag was set in bootstrap and was causing error.  Should only be set in portal application.