1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 11:21 AM by AlejandroSanz03

Problem compiling release version in Flash Builder 4 with extendedDesktop

Pontus Hulin Level 1

Hello

Im trying to build a  air application that has NativeProcess support. In order to do so I have  to  enable  <supportedProfiles>extendedDesktop</supportedProfiles> in  the -app.xml.

But when I try to compile a relese version I get the following error:

Error creating AIR file: Error 306, Descriptor must support the profile desktop, mobileDevice or extendedMobiledevice.

If  I change to <supportedProfiles>extendedDesktop  desktop</supportedProfiles>, the I have no trouble compiling the  application, but when I try to run it, NativeProcesses are not suppoted.

How can i fix this problem??

Im using Flash Builder 4.0.1,Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Best regards

/ Pontus

• 1. Re: Problem compiling release version in Flash Builder 4 with extendedDesktop
          AlejandroSanz03

Hi Pontus, I had the same problem, but I could solve it, you will see extendedDesktop profile is for AIRApplications That are installed on a desktop computer application using a native installer. These Have access tothe Applications NativeProcess class (Which Provides communication with native applications).

Knowing this you you will see have to do when making your release as signed native release, is exported as native installer so you exported as their native, in your case would be a .dmg and in my case would be a .exe, so if you install it and try it you will see works exactly as in your application, and i hope this has helped you. Greetings!