1 person found this helpful
The neo-query.xml and/or neo-datasource.xml file may have been damaged. You should have .bak files in the same directory from the last change, if you need to restore one or both files.
Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
Read this before you post:
Thanks for the reply Dave. I don't see neo-query.xml, and I don't see neo-datasource.bak but neo-datasource.xml was updated a couple days ago. So is this really an issue with the datasources? Is there a clean datasource.xml file to start over with?
Thanks Dave, it was a corruption in the neo-datasource.xml. For some reason, there was some tags like in the SSL connection string tag area. I guess maybe a tab or something was put in. I'll be sure to back up manually now, not sure why I didn't have a .bak there, I see it on other Coldfusion installations.
The corrupt tags had "char code=something" in them...looks like the forum stripped what I put.
I have similar error message, can you please advise how you fix the issue?
Your information is great appreciated,
Hmmm. No neo-query.xml but I did find the neo-datasource.xml and it does indeed appear corrupted. The last 10% or so is nothing but garbage characters. There is no corresponding .bak file. Any ideas where I can find a clean one without reinstalling from scratch? I'm using CF11.
I was able to hack and slash the remains of my neo-datasource.xml, remove the garbage and rebuild the missing tag terminations. Luckily I had an old CF9 install and was able to use that as a guide. Thank you vootman for starting this thread and Dave Watts for pointing me in the right direction.
i had the same issue, i tried to replace the damaged files with .bak files and didn't work for me. The neo-datasource.xml and neo-drivers.xml was damaged, i know cause i tried to open on my code editor and they just showed me a list of zeros, so i copy and paste these files from other computer with the same coldfusion version and restart the coldfusion services and started to work, hope it helps for someone else.