3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2010 1:15 PM by M_James80

Color Correction Question...

M_James80

Hello,

I'm editing a short I did on a Canon 7D in CS5 and I'm trying to color correct a sequence using Auto Color. The color correction mostly works great but there's sections of the video where I get a flicker effect where the color timing will revert back to its original (and decidedly ugly yellow) look for a few frames. This happens in several places. I've been messing around with the Curves and Levels settings but no luck. What tools and settings can I utlize to remedy this? Thank you!

Mike

• 1. Re: Color Correction Question...
          Jon-M-Spear Level 4

Auto levels, color, contrast, etc don't work consistently.  They are constantly trying to compensate for changes in lighting, camera movement etc.  Sometimes they just can't do it.  The result can be a flicker.  Great for freeze frames if you don't want to go about grading it yourself.

If you do...

Depending upon which version you have, the bundled Color Finesse is one of the better free colour correction plug-ins.  If you want the best IMHO, Red Giant Colorista 2 is excellent - but it's not free.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Color Correction Question...
            bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

J-MS wrote:

Depending upon which version you have, the bundled Color Finesse is one of the better free colour correction plug-ins.  If you want the best IMHO, Red Giant Colorista 2 is excellent - but it's not free.

Remember you've got to enter the additional serial number to activate Color Finesse. Should be in your documentation for AE.

Colorista causes weird problems with Apple's FCP suite—or so I've heard, I do not own that product.

bogiesan

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Color Correction Question...
              M_James80 Level 1

Thanks guys! Color Finesse worked! I appreciate your help!

Mike