1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 10, 2010 5:08 PM by Jim_Simon

Export Settings Help

jjwvu

Hello,

I'm working with AVCHD, 720 60p footage and am exporting with the "Match Sequence Settings" box checked.  Can someone explain what the "MPEG Preview" format and "MPEG I-Frame" Codec are? These are the settings that pop up when the box is checked. The resulting file has a .mpeg extension, so it doesn't seem the sequence settings were matched exactly. But would this be a good file to edit later if need be?

A little about my workflow - I produce short news-style videos delivered primarily via the Web. I export an h264 Web version, but also want to export a file that I can archive and retrieve later, should I need to pull some portion of it for use in another story. I save my source footage for a while, but right now don't have the storage capacity or the desire to keep it around permanently.  I tried exporting uncompressed AVI, but the file was much too large and I would eventually run into storage limitations with that as well.  I had been using Final Cut Pro, and simply exporting a self contained QuickTime movie for this purpose, but I'm working almost exclusively on a Windows 7 PC with CS5 now.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.