6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2007 8:45 AM by RoboColum(n)

Priting

I have developed online help (webhelp) for a client . The client wants an option to print all the help topics at once to create a training giude.
      Is there any option in robohelp which will enable me to print all the topics of webhelp.
        • 1. Re: Priting
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Not specifically but you can create a printed version.

Look at the single source layouts and one of them is Printed Documentation. There's a topic on my site about how to do that.

You could add a button to your help to make it possible to print that but I doubt that is what your client really wants. Sounds more like they just want the document.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Priting
            Hi Peter,

Actually the client wants to print the entire help contents from WebHelp and distribute it as books to it trainees. so they were asking for a print option where they can print to entire content form webhelp instead of printing individual pages.

sorry for cross posting, only after posting this topic in this section i realised this section was for HTML help and my question was regarding webhelp so i posted the question in webhelp section.
            thanks for the reminder.
            • 3. Re: Priting
              RoboColum(n) Level 5
              As Peter says there is a Printed Documentation single source layout. Once you have created it, you could add a link to the .DOC file in your help or even use a custom button in your skin that would open the file and print it.
              • 4. Re: Priting
                MergeThis Level 4
                You can also create multiple Printed Documentation layouts, such as Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc., based on your TOC "books," or based on user-specific functions, etc.

So you could provide a .pdf for the entire book, as well as individual "chapter" or "user" books.

Good luck,
                Leon
                • 5. Priting
                  allen4009
                  Is there a way to simply add a button to the toolbar that prints whatever page the user is on without the creator of the online help having to do anything other than just adding a button to the skin?
                  • 6. Re: Priting
                    RoboColum(n) Level 5
                    This is the HTML Help forum for producing compiled HTML files (CHM). With these files you can specify a print button to be displayed in the window properties. In webhelp you have to add a custom button to the skin and add some javascript to it.