0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2010 12:29 PM by desertkristin

software updates broke my interface, how do i fix?

desertkristin

Hello out there:

Once again Adobe fails to offer any support for their product whatsoever unless you put forth the CASH. We already pay big bucks for these apps and support should be available when the product breaks like this!!!

I ran some software updates on my mac recently. I am pretty sure that I ran security updates and Air updates and iTunes. No big deal right?! Well this time something tweaked out my Flash CS4. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue remains: MY FLASH INTERFACE IS BROKEN!!! I run snow leopard and my computer is brand spanking new with plenty of processing power!! It is hard to describe the broken interface so here is a screenshot of what I am experiencing:

So when I open Flash I am greeted with this transparent window with 3 buttons, no more welcome screen, no more panels, my workspace is gone:

Screen shot 2010-12-10 at 1.18.34 PM.png

when I open a project, my panel is nested under the Finder toolbar so I cannot move it around. And when I click into an object to deal with nested objects, I have no breadcrumbs to go back to the top level, that too is now hidden under the Finder toolbar:

Screen shot 2010-12-10 at 1.19.57 PM.png

And my properties panel won't open - even when I got to Window>>Properties!

This is a prime example of an issue that is something Adobe should deal with, it is not a usage issue. I know how to use flash! But what the bleep am I to do with this?!

If this has happened to anyone else out there, please HELP!!