2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2010 4:49 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Selecting and moving text within composition panel

RussellSipe2

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 on a PC.

I need help with the following questions from the photo below. Note: I have searched high and low in the Adobe Premiere Help pages (F1) trying to find the answers.

compostion panel.jpg

#1     What is the name of the panel inside the red square?

#1b   Is it the composition panel?

#1c   Where in the F1 help pages could I have found this answer?

#2     I want to move the text in Video 3 track (Title 01b, "MTW Productions Presents") lower into the panel. Since it is "below" the Video 4 track (117_SD_Overlay1.avi) I cannot click on it in the panel. How do I select Video 3 track for the purpose of repositoning it?

#2a  Where in the F1 help pages could I have found this answer?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Russell

• 1. Re: Selecting and moving text within composition panel
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> #1     What is the name of the panel inside the red square?

#1b   Is it the composition panel?

#1c   Where in the F1 help pages could I have found this answer?

It is the Program Monitor, sometimes just called the Program panel. That's why the word 'Program' appears in the tab for the panel.

The Composition panel is in After Effects.

There's an overview in Premiere Pro Help here that shows this panel and gives its name. That overview is linked to from a set of getting-started resources here.

> #2     I want to move the text in Video 3 track (Title 01b, "MTW Productions Presents") lower into the panel. Since it is "below" the Video 4 track (117_SD_Overlay1.avi) I cannot click on it in the panel. How do I select Video 3 track for the purpose of repositoning it?

#2a  Where in the F1 help pages could I have found this answer?

See this page in Premiere Pro Help.

• 2. Re: Selecting and moving text within composition panel
            cvid01 Level 4

1. It's the Program Monitor.

2. Don't know, just search "motion".

3.     Click on the track you wish to move;

Go to your Effect Controls Panel where you should see a "Motion" menu;

Once you click on the "Motion" menu, your track should be selected in the Program Monitor.

You can then move the track as you see fit, or open the "Motion" menu, and use the Position, etc. items to move your track.

If you can't see the Effect Controls Panel, click on Window in the main menu, and click on Effect Controls.

Play around or get a training book or DVD from various sources on the Web or search this forum for more information about learning PPro.