2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2010 5:07 AM by nealeh

PLEASEEE HELP ME! "serious error has occured" and now it wont open

Emma_5

So I have been working on a video for youtube, and as always Adobe being a peice of crap shuts down every 5 minutes or so when I am doing a lot of effects or text, but pretty much it doesn't bother me anymore. Until last night I had been working on a project (it is saved because I click the save button every minute or so) and it said " a serious error has occured and we shut down immediatly, your project will try to be saved" or something like that. It has done this once or twice before so I was just going to open it back up. But now when I go to open it it does the little "im loading thing" for like 2 seconds then doesn't do anything..I gave it time to see if that would help. no. I also tried opening it up from another spot (not the desktop) but from my documents/adobe/4.0/ then my project, does it work? no. I am sooooo mad at it since I have had so many issues with other movie makers and other computers recently being soo stupid like this.  and I thought this one was actually gonna work. but no. BTW it is Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0, if that helps. If ANYONE can give me a suggestion that DOES NOT involved rebooting and losing my current project which has taken me SEVERAL HOURS of VERYY specific effects almost down to a different one every second please tell me....and I would be DEVISTATED if it was gone! So pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help me if you can. Thanks so much.

-Emma_5

• 1. Re: PLEASEEE HELP ME! "serious error has occured" and now it wont open
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If it's a piece of crap, why are you trying to fix it?

Otherwise, how about telling us more about your system. Like which operating system you're using, how fast your processor is and how much free, defragmetned space is on your C drive?

Also, what kind of camcorder did your video come from and how did you get it into your computer? Which project settings did you select when you set up your Premiere Elements project?

Version 4 was a very stable build. But we can try to figure out what's up with your system if you give us some details.

• 2. Re: PLEASEEE HELP ME! "serious error has occured" and now it wont open
            nealeh Level 5

In PRE7, the directory where projects have been saved there is a folder named "Adobe Premiere Elements Auto-Save". Try opening one of those auto-saves to see if it will open successfully. If it does immediately use 'Save As' to a new name.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children