3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2010 2:23 PM by Jon-M-Spear

render only certain clip in timeline

hectordsilva Level 1

Please can anyone tell me how to render an clip from timeline not the whole workarea in adobe CS5

preimere pro, also can someone tell me why the timeline showing me yellow line when it does not play realtime for the dynamic link clip.

• 1. Re: render only certain clip in timeline
          Jon-M-Spear Level 4

Adjust the work area bar above the timeline to select what section you want to render.

The yellow bar usually indicates that the playback is being handled by the CUDA and doesn't need rendering to get realtime preview. .  Red bar indicates that the CPU is handling playback and does need rendering for realtime preview.

If the dynamic link is a complex piece of AE compositing, for example, you may need to render, depending upon your PC spec.  In this instance, the yellow bar indicates that there is a dynamic link.

• 2. Re: render only certain clip in timeline
            hectordsilva Level 1

Thanks for the reply, i got the rendering of certain clip, i am use to work on avid media composer where you just select the clip and say render it will only render that clip its so simple, where adjusting the workarea every time consuming.

The other part about rendring

The yellow bar usually indicates that the playback is being handled by the CUDA and doesn't need rendering to get realtime preview. .  Red bar indicates that the CPU is handling playback and does need rendering for realtime preview.

That what i say, does not need render, but still play non realtime. If i see red line i would know that i have to render.

thanks

• 3. Re: render only certain clip in timeline
              Jon-M-Spear Level 4

That's the anomaly with the yellow bar and dynamic linking.  It doesn't necessarily indicate that it's render free - only that  it's either CUDA managed or dynamically linked .