I'm studying InDesign server and have some basic doubts which are given below:
(1) I've already developed using JS/VB.net, can I directly use those tools directly in InDesign server without modifying anything?
(2) How to practice with InDesign server, since I didn't find any trial version of InDesign server?
(3) Since InDesign server not having any UI, how we an run, any basic ideas?
1. That depends on what you have developed... User interface elements are no good in server code, for example.
2. I guess the best way would be to become an Adobe partner http://partners.adobe.com/.
But: there is a trial version if InDesign Server: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=indesign_server
3. InDesign server and desktop are essentially the same. Primarily I would suggest developing on the desktop version.
Logging to file, and starting InDesign Server with a console open are two ways of debugging on the server.
Message was edited by: Andreas Jansson. Adding info since I just noticed that there is a trial version of InDesign Server.