4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2010 12:15 PM by Michael L Hale

Problems With Photomerge

Shotstalker

I have a set of photos for work, which I have tried to Photomerge from both Bridge and Photoshop. I have tried in both .tiff and jpeg formats. I keep getting the error message below and I have no clue what it means. Can anyone assist me? I am pretty inept at using this feature although it has always worked for me in the past. Hopefully this is readable.

Error_Photomerge.jpg

• 1. Re: Problems With Photomerge
          Shotstalker Level 1

Here is the first few lines if this helps.

InternalError: Bad argument : Invalid resource format. Error in line 0, at character offset 571, in '{     alignChildren: 'fill', text:
          '$$$/AdobePlugin/Shared/Photomerge/Process/Name=Photomerge', orientation: 'row', alignment:'fill',       view1: Panel     {       text:
          '$$$/AdobePlugin/Shared/Photomerge/Scr/Layout=Layout', orientation: column', alignment:['fill','fill'],         view2: Group         {
          orientation: 'column', alignment:'fill'

• 2. Re: Problems With Photomerge
            Michael L Hale Level 5

It loks like the png files that the script needs have been moved/deleted/damaged. There should be 7 png files in the appPath/Presets/Scripts/Stack Scripts Only folder.

• 3. Re: Problems With Photomerge
              Shotstalker Level 1

Thank you Michael,

I seems something is buggy in my version of Photoshop.

I have been having these problems with Dr. Browns too.

I do not find a scripts folder under Presets or Adobe CS5 Settings.

I am seeing Dr Browns under Adobe CS5 Settings though.

Pam

• 4. Re: Problems With Photomerge
                Michael L Hale Level 5

From the error message you posted it looks like you have a Windows OS. The path to the folder with the png files is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Presets\Scripts\Stack Scripts Only. The png files are P_AutoAlign_Automatic_87x38.png, P_AutoAlign_Collage_87x38.png, etc where 'Automatic' changes for the different merge layouts images on the left side of the dialog.

I'm not sure which Dr Brown's script you are using but most of his script also require png/jpg files for thier dialogs but where those files are depends on the which script.

Are there any images in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Samples? I'm thinking that maybe you have some image cataloguing software that moved all your image into a central location.